There is a growing list of gluten-free celebrities – for better for for worse. Many are turning to the gluten-free diet to feel better or manage celiac disease.
Regardless of their reasons, these celebrities share the gluten-free diet.
I think we can all agree that living with celiac disease or living a gluten-free lifestyle due to a sensitivity or intolerance can be alienating. It’s sometimes nice to know you are not alone, right?
Here is a list of gluten-free celebrities who surely would invite you, and your special “diet”, to break gluten-free bread with them:
Celebrities who have celiac disease:
- Cedric Benson – Athlete
- Drew Brees – Athlete
- Heidi Collins – CNN News anchor
- Jennifer Esposito – Actress; she wrote a book about celiac disease; and did an interview on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
- Susie Essman – Comedian; She told the New York Times about her diagnosis
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck – Fox News anchor; She wrote a book about her Celiac journey
- Gary Johnson – Libertarian presidential candidate, 2016
- Dean McDermott – Reality TV Star; say he only kinda has Celiac (maybe that’s like being kinda pregnant?)
- Keith Olbermann – News broadcaster
- Adrianne Palicki – Actress; she told Men’s Health she loves receiving gluten-free presents
- Jon Stewart’s son – Read about it here.
Celebrities following gluten-free diet for other reason than celiac disease:
- Victoria Beckham (Gluten Sensitive) – Singer
- Chelsea Clinton (Gluten Intolerant) – Former first daughter; her wedding was gluten free
- Miley Cyrus (Gluten Allergy) – Singer; I’m not sure if someone can be allergic to gluten, but she says she is.
- Dana Delany (Gluten Intolerant) – Actress; She tells Everyday Health magazine about her gluten intolerance
- Zooey Deschanel (Wheat Sensitive) – Actress
- Novak Djokovic (Gluten Intolerant) – Athlete; he talks about how his diagnosis as gluten intolerant was a real game changer
- Geri Halliwell (Wheat Intolerance) – Singer
- Mariel Hemingway (Gluten Sensitive) – Actress; Read her interview in Living Without magazine
- Scarlett Johansson (Wheat Allergy) – Actress; talks about her wheat allergy here.
- Debra Messing – Actress; suffers from multiple food allergies and intolerances
- Ryan Phillippe (Gluten Allergy) – Actor – He told Men’s Health about his allergy
- Emmy Rossum – Actress
- Maria Shriver (Gluten-free for health reasons) – Journalist
- Jessica Simpson (Gluten Intolerant) – Actress/Singer
- Billy Bob Thornton (Wheat Intolerance) – Actor
- Josh Turner (Gluten Intolerant) – Singer
- Rachel Weisz (Wheat Intolerance) – Actress
- Dana Vollmer (Gluten Intolerant) – Athlete; maybe going gluten free helped her win gold
Know of other gluten-free celebrities? Contact us and I’ll add them!
Note: I have done my best to provide accurate list of gluten-free celebrities based on various sources. I do not guarantee the accuracy of this list.