Sometimes having Celiac Disease or living a gluten-free lifestyle due to a sensitivity or intolerance can be alienating. People may not want to have you over for dinner or go out to eat with you because it can feel like such a hassle. But in this great big world (and celebrity obsessed world), isn’t nice to know you’re not alone?
Here is a list of celebrities who surely would invite you, and your special “diet”, to break gluten-free bread with them:
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck (Celiac) – Fox News anchor; She wrote a book about her Celiac journey
- Jon Stewart’s son (Celiac) – Read about it here.
- Chelsea Clinton (Gluten Intolerant) – Former first daughter; her wedding was gluten free
- Gary Johnson (Celiac) – Libertarian presidential candidate, 2016
- Ryan Phillippe (Gluten Allergy) – Actor – He told Men’s Health about his allergy
- Victoria Beckham (Gluten Sensitive) – Singer
- Billy Bob Thornton (Wheat Intolerance) – Actor
- Emmy Rossum (Celiac) – Actress
- Geri Halliwell (Wheat Intolerance) – Singer
- Drew Brees (Celiac) – Athlete
- Jessica Simpson (Gluten Intolerant) – Actress/Singer
- Dana Delany (Gluten Intolerant) – Actress; She tells Everyday Health magazine about her gluten intolerance
- Zooey Deschanel (Wheat Sensitive) – Actress
- Jennifer Esposito (Celiac) – Actress; she wrote a book about her Celiac journey; and did an interview on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
- Mariel Hemingway (Gluten Sensitive) – Actress; Read her interview in Living Without magazine
- Susie Essman (Celiac) – Comedian; She told the New York Times about her diagnosis
- Rachel Weisz (Wheat Intolerance) – Actress
- Dean McDermott (Celiac) – Reality TV Star; say he only kinda has Celiac (maybe that’s like being kinda pregnant?)
- Novak Djokovic (Gluten Intolerant) – Athlete; he talks about how his diagnosis as gluten intolerant was a real game changer
- Heidi Collins (Celiac) – CNN News anchor
- Keith Olbermann (Celiac) – News broadcaster
- Cedric Benson (Celiac) – Athlete
- Josh Turner (Gluten Intolerant) – Singer
- Dana Vollmer (Gluten Intolerant) – Athlete; maybe going gluten free helped her win gold
- Adrianne Palicki (Celiac) – Actress; she told Men’s Health she loves receiving gluten-free presents
- Scarlett Johansson (Wheat Allergy) – Actress; talks about her wheat allergy here.
- Miley Cyrus (Gluten Allergy) – Singer; I’m not sure if someone can be allergic to gluten, but she says she is.
Know of other Celiac or gluten-sensitive/intolerant celebrities to add to the list? Email me at email@example.com and I’ll add them!
Note: I have done my best to provide accurate information based on various sources. I do not guarantee the accuracy of this list.