Hi, I’m Jenny Finke. I’ve been gluten-free since April 2012 when I was diagnosed with celiac disease (read about my celiac disease story here). While it was a relief to know my painful bloating would soon come to an end, I was overwhelmed by the process of going gluten-free and how difficult that first year would be physically and emotionally.
Over the years, I’ve grown into my role as a gluten-free “expert” of sorts. I’ve spent a lot of time focused on healing from celiac disease, something that is grossly overlooked by most celiacs. (I’m proud to say that I have healed from celiac disease and put my celiac disease symptoms into remission!) I’ve learned to be a better, more confident home cook, and I now know what gluten-free products I like and which ones I most definitely will avoid. I know how to eat in a way that keeps me healthy, and I have a better overall relationship with food.
I wanted to share my story and help others – hence the birth of a gluten-free food blog and journey known as Good For You Gluten Free!
Good For You Gluten Free is more than just another gluten-free blog; rather it’s a place where you can feel good about being gluten-free and find inspiration and support whether you’re starting your gluten-free journey, or whether you’re simply stopping by along the way.
Please note that everything I share with you is gluten-free and safe for celiacs. I only partner with brands I believe in and ones that use safe, gluten-free ingredients. I also like to partner with brands that match my values. I look for products that offer clean ingredient labels, whole foods, organic ingredients and, when possible, low sugar. I hope to bring back joy in cooking and eating in your life.
I also like to eat out, on occasion, and help guide restaurants in their understandings of what it means to provide a safe, gluten-free meal. I even wrote an ebook on the topic called Eating Out Gluten-Free: The Ultimate Guide to Gluten-Free Safe Dining at Restaurants and On-the-Go. Overall, I enjoy promoting the good for you lifestyle where food can aid in helping us feel our best inside and out.
I’m a certified holistic nutrition and wellness coach (certified by the Institute for Integrative Nutrition). Not only do I have the experience and passion for the gluten-free lifestyle, but also I have the nutritional qualifications to confidently help others on their journey to live a healthier lifestyle too. I invite you to learn more about Power Coaching Session for people with celiac disease, gluten sensitivities and autoimmune disorders.
While helping people feel their best is my first love, my second love is writing. I majored in Journalism at the University of Missouri-Columbia. I use the power of the pen to help spread the word about healthy, gluten-free living. I’m also the founder of the Denver Blogger’s Club, a group of 350+ food, family, lifestyle and local interest bloggers living and working in the Denver metro area, and I organize our Club’s annual conference called, Fuel Your Influence Conference.
New to Good For You Gluten Free?
- Read this BEFORE you go gluten-free
- Understand the difference between a gluten sensitivity vs. celiac disease
- Read A Beginner’s Guide to Being Gluten-Free
- View Recommend Gluten-Free Products
- Join our Gluten-Free Diet Support Group on Facebook
- Apply for a two-hour Power Coaching Session for people with celiac disease, gluten sensitivities or autoimmune disorders
Partner with Good For You Gluten Free
I (Jenny) enjoy partnering with brands making safe, gluten-free products for those who cannot eat gluten. I also enjoy products that use clean ingredients, responsibly source their ingredients, are non-GMO and are generally good for you. I help my readers find balance between sweet treats and healthy living. Please consider me for:
- Sponsored blog and social media posts
- Gluten-free product reviews and giveaways
- Restaurant reviews
- Recipe trial and development
- Freelance writing opportunities
- PR and influencer campaigns
- Speaking and spokesperson opportunities
- Gluten-free cooking demos and workshops
Please email me at email@example.com to request my Media Kit.
Jenny has been featured on many websites and blogs, including:
- Podcast Interview on Square State Podcast. Listen to my interview!
- Featured on KWGN-TV Channel 2 in a segment about Gluten-Free Products by Colorado Companies. Watch my segment!
- Featured interview on the Inner Fire Podcast. Listen to my interview!
- Contributing writer to the Nima Sensor Blog – Intro to the Gluten-Free Diet (Check out my three-part series!)
- The Chicago Tribune: Hosting Thanksgiving? How to Accommodate Guests with Food Allergies
- The Work at Home Woman: How One Mom’s Career Change Turned Her Passion for Gluten-Free Living Into Profit
- Plus Size Birth: Celiac Disease Pregnancy Complications We’re Not Talking About
- In the Kitchen with Honeyville: Various recipe features (guest posts)
- Making Motherhood Matter: How to Save Money Following a Healthy, Gluten-Free Diet (guest post)
- Orgali.ca: 10 Naturally Gluten-Free Foods that Promote Good Health (guest post)
- Frugalista Mom: Tips to Eating Healthy on a Gluten-Free or Allergen-Free Diet (guest post)
- Hollywood in Toto: 8 Must-See Food Documentaries on Netflix
- Macheesmo.com: Tips for Hosting Your Gluten-Free for Dinner
What Readers Say
“I am so impressed with the level of detail and the amount of educational resources you offer on your website. You are truly a godsend to the celiac community. I wish I would have known about your site when I was diagnosed three years ago, as it would have helped me tremendously. I often get asked about a good starting place for those going gluten-free and I direct them to a variety of sources because I’ve never found a site as thorough as yours. Even though I’m fairly good at navigating the GF world and I know a lot, I’ve found myself reading article after article on your blog.” -Valerie C. (Houston, TX)
“It’s down to people like yourself, that write honest, trustworthy articles and really want help others, where the magic key to the right direction can be found.” – Steve S.
“I want to thank you for all the great information and recipes I have gotten from your site.” -Debbie
“Thank you so so so much. I am celiac for nine days now and I think I’m still making mistakes (so much to learn). Tomorrow is my first time eating out and I’m totally nervous. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your care and information. I know we don’t know each other but you are impacting my life.” -Pam
Read our full Disclosure Policy: In summary, the FTC requires bloggers to disclose relationships with advertisers in a forthright manner. If I receive compensation in exchange for a review or other advertising compensation, I will clearly disclose it within the text of the post. If I use an affiliate link, I will disclose it within the text of the post too. If you click on one of my affiliate links and make a purchase, I receive a small commission. The compensation helps offset the costs of running my blog and I work hard to link to only brands I know and trust to be safe for the GF community. Readers should always do their own due diligence and research before consuming any products mentioned in this blog.
Nothing in this blog should be construed as medical advice and all health and nutrition information should be carefully considered with a healthcare professional before making any changes to your diet. I’m not a medical doctor nor do I dispense medical advice. By reading this blog, you acknowledge and accept these disclosures.