Blondies are such a treat and my entire family loves when I make them. Blondies resemble a brownie but taste like a cookie. They’re oh-so-yummy. My classic gluten-free blondies recipe offers a cookie-like texture with a soft, chewy middle. This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosures.
Blondies are delicious cookie bars that resemble a brownie but definitely taste like a cookie.
Brownies contain cocoa powder while blondies contain brown sugar and vanilla.
My gluten-free blondies recipe contains only seven ingredients, all pantry staples. I know you’ll be able to make these delicious cookie bars today if you want to. Using simple ingredients is my jam.
The end result is a crispy on the outside and soft-baked in the middle cookie bar. I’m drooling just looking at them.
How to Make
Let’s talk about how to make these classic gluten-free blondies.
Step #1: Assemble Ingredients
You’ll need just seven simple ingredients to make these beautiful cookie bars.
- 1/2 cup butter softened (1 stick)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 gluten-free baking flour (148 grams)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
You’ll also want to preheat the oven to 350º F and line the bottom of an 8″ x 8″ square metal pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray the pan and parchment with cooking spray. Set aside.
Step #2: Prepare Batter
Using your hand mixer, blend together the brown sugar and softened butter until smooth and creamy.
Add egg, vanilla, salt and flour to the cookie mixture and continue to blend all the ingredients until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips by hand and add blondie batter to your prepared baking dish.
Step #3: Bake
Bake blondies for 20-24 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Do not overbake or they will become hard and the center will not be chewy.
Allow blondies to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into 16 even squares.
The Taste Test
These gluten-free blondies taste just like the blondies I remember enjoying in my pre-celiac years.
They’re crispy on the outside, and chewy on the inside, just like a soft-baked chocolate chip cookie. They are stuffed with chocolate goodness. Yum!
If you’re craving blondies, you won’t be disappointed making this wonderful, easy, and classic recipe. Enjoy!
Love this cookie recipe? Try these classic cookies on for size:
Classic Gluten-Free Blondies
- 8×8 square metal pan
- Hand-held or standing mixer
- Preheat oven to 350º F and line the bottom of an 8" x 8" square metal pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray cooking spray over parchment paper and exposed sides of pan. See notes.*
- Using your handheld mixer, blend together the brown sugar and softened butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add egg, vanilla, salt and flour to the cookie mixture and continue to blend all the ingredients until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
- Add blondie batter to your pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Do not overcook them, you want them slightly soft baked so the centers are chewy. Remove from oven and allow blondies to cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Gently transfer the blondies to a cooling rack to finish cooling before cutting. Cut into 16 even squares.