Shopping for someone who follows a gluten-free diet? I’ve got you covered with these perfect gluten-free gifts ideas that I have a feeling your GF BFF will love. This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosures.
Eating gluten free is not just a diet, rather it’s part of someone’s identity. You might even say that people following a gluten-free diet are a little obsessed with gluten-free food (present company included!).
If you want to give your gluten-free friend a fun, exciting and thoughtful gift any time of the year, consider giving him or her a gift related to their GF lifestyle. Trust me, he or she will love the gesture.
I’ve got you covered! I’ve come up with this ultimate gluten-free gift list that includes a variety of gift ideas perfect for your gluten-free friend. It’s been completely updated for 2021 too!
The ultimate gluten-free gift list includes ideas for all your friends. You know your friend best, so pick a gift that is well-suited for his or her personality and interests. Good luck!
Get your gluten-free friend a few books and cookbooks to help him or her grow in their knowledge of celiac disease and gluten sensitivities, as well as how to cook and bake gluten free.
Recommended books include:
- Dear Gluten, It’s Not Me, It’s You! (this is my book)
- The Autoimmune Fix by Dr. Tom O’Bryan
- How to Make Anything Gluten Free by Becky Excel
- The Everything Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Cookbook by Audrey Roberts
- Gluten-Free on a Shoestring: 125 Easy Recipes for Eating Well on the Cheap by Nicole Hunn
- No Gluten, No Problem Pizza by Kelli and Pete Bronski
- 101 Incredible Gluten-Free Recipes by Jennifer Bigler
The Gift of Gluten-Free Beauty
Your friend will soon develop an addiction to anything from Red Apple Lipstick once you get them hooked. And because it’s from Red Apple Lipstick, you know everything is high-quality and certified gluten free.
You can also buy her a giftcard and let her decide for herself.
Gluten Detecting Device
I promise you, your friend is dying to get his or her hands on a gluten-detecting device. And there are two to choose from at the moment.
First is the time-tested Nima Sensor, which is finally back in business after going out of business for more than a year. This cool portable gadget allows you to test your food for hidden gluten wherever you go. Be sure to read more about it before you invest in one.
In the picture below, Nima alerted me to gluten found in my Mexican bowl at Chili’s.
The other gluten-detecting gadget is called the ALLIS Sensor, which was supposed to launch in November 2021, but due to supply chain issues, its launch has been delayed.
I haven’t tried ALLIS yet, but it promises to have more functionality than Nima Sensor. If you choose ALLIS vs. Nima, you may have to give your friend an IOU.
Meal Kit Delivery Service
Making fresh and gluten-free meals at home can be such a chore when you can’t eat gluten.
That’s why I know your friend will love a gift card or subscription to Green Chef, the only certified gluten-free meal kit service available.
Honestly, Green Chef offers good stuff and I know this first hand when I had the opportunity to try it. You can read about my experience in this article.
Gluten-Free Baking Kits for Kids
If you’re shopping for a special gluten-free kid, and you really want to make their day, get them a Little GF Chefs baking kit or subscription.
They will have so much fun making donuts, pretzels, cookies and all sorts of gluten-free treats from scratch.
Be sure to use the coupon code GOODFORYOU for 10% off any Little GF Chefs subscription!
Health-Related Test Kits
Giving your friend a test kit is like giving your kid socks for Christmas, but let me tell you, these kits are expensive, so your gluten-free friend will thank you for helping them out.
(1) Celiac Test Kit: If your friend is suffering from a variety of unexplained ailments, give her this at-home celiac disease test kit so she can test herself for celiac disease in the privacy of her own home. You can read more about the reliability of this test in this article.
(2) Food Sensitivity Test Kit: If your friend suspects she has a food sensitivity, you can get her this fantastic food sensitivity test kit. It’s the best one on the market, although be warned, there is a lot of controversy over whether these tests are accurate. Read more about the controversy in this article.
(3) Gluten Urine Test Kit: One other test kit your gluten free friend might like is the Gluten Detect test kit. She can test her urine to see if she’s accidentally consumed gluten. Buy her a few kits to help her monitor the effectiveness of her gluten-free efforts. Read more about my experiences with this test kit in this article.
The Gift of Fashion
This next gift idea has everything to do with being fashionably gluten free (but nothing to do with the gluten-free diet one bit – lol).
I highly recommend giving your friend the gift of StitchFix. They will love having new clothes sent to them each month, and they don’t have to battle crazy shopping malls to find cute and trendy clothes.
I’ve been using StitchFix for more than five years and rarely shop at the mall anymore. Most of my wardrobe is StitchFix and I love it!
Get $25 off when you join through my SPECIAL LINK only.
Speaking of fashion, your gluten-free friend will get a chuckle out of this t-shirt that says exactly how she feels about gluten – it’s over, baby! You can get this t-shirt from Celiac Cutie.
Sampling Box Subscription
Give the gift of food sampling by subscribing your friend to a monthly gluten-free sampling box that is delivered straight to his or her doorstep each month.
Your friend will get a box filled to the rim with gluten-free samples for him to try each month. This is definitely a delicious gift that keeps on giving!
Your gluten-free friend probably eats at home a lot and therefore loves kitchen gadgets. I personally love anything that makes my time in the kitchen a little easier.
I’ve compiled a few of my favorite kitchen tools that I think every gluten-free person needs. Any of these would make amazing an amazing gift for your friend:
- Bread Maker: This gorgeous bread maker has a gluten-free setting. Pair the bread machine with an awesome cookbook called the Gluten Free Bread Machine Cookbook.
- Donut Maker: Making gluten-free donuts has never been easier with this fun donut maker from BabyCakes. You can also bake cupcakes and donut holes in this same gadget – sweet!
- Air-Fryer: No modern kitchen is complete without a trusty air-fryer. I guarantee you that your gluten-free friend will love frying up french fries and making taquitos from scratch. Pair an air-fryer with SkinnyTaste’s Air Fryer Dinners cookbook.
- Toaster: This stainless steel toaster has a gluten-free setting and would make a beautiful addition to your friend’s kitchen.
- Rice Cooker: Rice is a staple food for your gluten-free friend, so give her this beautiful rice cooker to enable her to make her favorite side dish with ease. I use my rice cooker at least three times per week – it’s a must-have gadget if you ask me!
- Standing Mixer: Give your friend the ultimate baking gift of a KitchenAid Standing Mixer. Pair it with some of my favorite gluten-free flour brands, including my favorite Sweet Dough Mix and a high-quality all-purpose GF flour. This will be a gift your friend will treasure for many years to come!
Chances are your gluten-free friend misses delicious sourdough bread. But you can satisfy her craving by getting her a gift pack or gift card from Bread Srsly.
Be sure to order early and place the bread in the freezer. It will last for several months.
You can also enjoy free shipping with my Bread Srsly coupon code – goodforyou10.
Gluten-Free Bakery Gift Card
Did you know that there are more than 300 gluten-free bakeries nationwide?!? Yes, my friends, it’s a good time to be gluten free!
Give your friend a gift card to a local gluten-free bakery. You’ll not only make your friend very happy, but you’ll also be supporting a local business, which is priceless.
Find a gluten-free bakery near you.
What other gift ideas do you have? Please leave a comment to share and help spread the gluten-free love!