This post features a fun game day snack board made with my spicy homemade black bean dip, crunchy Crunchmaster® crackers, and chocolate covered strawberry footballs. This post is sponsored by Crunchmaster and contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosures.
Want more recipe inspiration? Join the Good For You Gluten Free newsletter and never miss a recipe or post. JOIN HERE.
Game day is upon us once again, and regardless of what team you’re cheering for, it’s always essential to have the perfect snacks to help you cheer on your favorite team.
And no snack board is complete without a delicious dip, tasty finger foods, a spicy black bean dip, and crunchy gluten-free crackers.
I’m gearing up for the big day with my tasty Super Sunday charcuterie board created with all the flavors you desire, visuals you love, and crunch you crave.
How to Make a Homemade Black Bean Dip
The first step to putting together your Super Sunday snack board is to get your dip ready for the big day. You can make this dip a day or two ahead of time so you’re prepared.
To make my savory homemade black bean dip, blend together canned black beans, garlic, ground cumin, chili powder, salt, cayenne pepper, jalapeño peppers, cilantro, and lime juice in your food processor.
Process all the ingredients until smooth. Add a little bit of water, one tablespoon at a time, until the dip is smooth and reaches your preferred consistency.
Place the dip in a serving bowl and top with corn kernels, thinly sliced jalapeños, and fresh cilantro for garnish.
The dip is thick, nothing that your trusty Crunchmaster crackers can’t handle (more on that in a bit!).
Football Chocolate Covered Strawberries
To make chocolate covered strawberry footballs, use a lightly damp paper towel and gently wipe each strawberry to remove any dirt. Do not wash the strawberries or they will not hold the chocolate well.
In your microwave, melt about 1 cup of dark chocolate chips, mixing every 20 seconds to ensure chocolate doesn’t buckle, until melted.
Dip each strawberry gently into the melted chocolate, then place each strawberry on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Place the coated strawberries in your fridge for about 30 minutes to cool and allow the chocolate to set.
Melt 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in your microwave, mixing every 20 seconds to ensure chocolate doesn’t buckle, until melted. Add chocolate to a piping bag (Wilton #3 tip) and draw the “laces” on each football.
Place strawberries back in the fridge so the chocolate cools and sets. Add the strawberry footballs to your game day snack board just before serving.
Assemble Your Game Day Snack Board
Now you’re ready to assemble all the components of your game day snack board, which is perfect for serving during your Super Bowl parties or football-viewing get-togethers.
In addition to the homemade black bean dip and chocolate strawberry footballs, you’ll need:
- Crunchmaster Multi-Seed Crackers
- Sliced cheese(s)
- Mini bell peppers
- Celery sticks
- And anything else you like to snack on during game day!
Crunchmaster crackers are essential to this snack board. The Crunchmaster multi-seed crackers hold the bean dip well without cracking, and they offer a superior taste and crunch with every bite.
And while you know Crunchmaster crackers are 100 percent gluten free, your gluten-eating friends are on a need-to-know basis. They will love these crackers and will have no clue that they’re free from gluten, made with whole grains, and Non-GMO Project Verified.
Crunchmaster crackers are game-day legit and approved for all your gluten-free football viewing parties.
There you have it! A game day snack board that is visually appealing, full of craveable game day snacks, and packed with extra crunch to keep things lively and delicious. Go team!
Buy Crunchmaster crackers at grocery stores nationwide or on Amazon.
More Snack Board and Dips
Try these three kid-friendly snack boards, perfect for keeping the kids happy and well nourished.
This warm butternut squash and apple dip enables you to add a little sweetness to your game day celebrations.
Game Day Snack Board and Black Bean Dip
Black Bean Dip
Black Bean Dip Toppings
- 1 tbsp corn kernels
- 1/2 jalapeño sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
For the Strawberry Footballs
- 12 strawberries
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
For the Snack Board
- 1 package Crunchmaster Multi-Seed Crackers
- sliced cheese(s)
- 8 mini bell peppers
- 10 celery sticks halved
For the black bean dip:
- Add black beans, garlic, ground cumin, chili powder, salt, cayenne pepper, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice to a food processor. Process until smooth. Add the water, one tablespoon at a time, until the dip is smooth and reaches your preferred consistency. Top with fresh corn, jalapeño slices, and cilantro before serving.
For the chocolate covered strawberries:
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a damp paper towel, wipe down strawberries so they are clean. Do not rinse or wash the strawberries for best results.
- Melt 1 cup dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 20 seconds to ensure chocolate doesn't buckle and until desired consistency is reached. Dip each strawberry in the chocolate and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Place strawberries in the fridge for 30 minutes so chocolate hardens.
- Melt white chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl, stirring every 20 seconds to ensure chocolate doesn't buckle, until melted. Add chocolate to piping bag using Wilton #3 tip. Pipe chocolate "laces" on each strawberry so it looks like a football. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and place on snack board just before serving. Keep refrigerated.
For the snack board:
- Add black bean dip, strawberries, Crunchmaster Multi-Seed crackers, cheese(s), bell peppers and celery sticks to snack board and serve.