With strawberries in full season, I thought it was about time to whip up a gluten-free gazpacho soup recipe featuring strawberries as the star of the dish!
I think soup is such a wonderful way to heal your body from the inside out. When you drink your fruits and vegetables, your body is able to absorb 99% of the nutrients (as compared to absorbing only 44% of the nutrients when you have to chew and digest – your body works hard!). Hot soup in the summer isn’t ideal – especially when the temperatures are soaring in July and August. With the thermostat on the rise, there’s no time like the present to make a cold gazpacho soup – and that’s exactly what I did!
Related Reading: 24 Amazing and Gluten-Free Strawberry Recipes
I recently came across a recipe in Cooking Light for a strawberry gazpacho soup recipe that is naturally gluten-free and required no substitutions in order for me to eat it – perfect!
I could not wait to try this strawberry gazpacho soup recipe – and with the temperatures in the 90s here in Denver, a summer soup is just what I needed to cool off while giving my body nourishing and healthy ingredients.
This soup is fairly easy to make and requires a food processor in order to get the right texture.
I couldn’t wait to dive in and eat the strawberry gazpacho soup recipe once I made it, but patience is key. Allow the soup to rest in the refrigerator for at least one hour – or even better – overnight. The flavors will develop as will the rich red color of the soup.
I personally found this strawberry gazpacho soup recipe to be quite refreshing. It’s not sweet at all – well, just a little sweetness – and you’ll also taste a bit of tangy balsamic vinegar with every bite. Make sure you use ripe strawberries and fresh tomatoes – as you’ll taste these flavors right away. All the fruits and vegetables come together really nicely to form a bold, flavorful and healing summer soup…. my only wish is that I had doubled the recipe. It went fast. Way too fast!
I hope you enjoy making and eating this summery strawberry gazpacho soup this summer. It’s so refreshing and bold – you can’t go wrong and your body will thank you too.
Find the original recipe from Cooking Light.
Naturally Gluten-Free Strawberry Gazpacho
- 1 medium red tomato, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 pound ripe strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
- 6 strawberries sliced – reserve and set aside
- Chopped fresh basil (optional garnish)
- Place tomato, cucumber and bell pepper into food processor. Pulse for 6-8 times until finely chopped.
- Remove mixture from food processor and place in a large bowl.
- Add halved strawberries to food processor and pulse 6-8 times until finely chopped.
- Remove half of strawberry mixture and place into the bowl with the other chopped vegetables. Reserve half in the food processor.
- To the reserved strawberry mixture, add minced garlic and dried thyme. Process until pureed. Add pureed mixture to bowl.
- Stir in oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and vegetable broth until well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving (or overnight).
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and chopped basil.