This post includes my festive cranberry salsa recipe made with fresh ingredients that perfectly complement one another. It makes for a beautiful holiday appetizer when cranberries are in season. This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosures.
I saw variations of this festive cranberry salsa appetizer on TikTok, and I just knew I had to make it myself. Not only did it look tasty, but also it looked so festive and beautiful.
If you’re looking for a healthy and festive appetizer to serve at your Thanksgiving or Christmas celebrations, this recipe will be a huge hit. It’s also perfect for office parties and potluck dinners.
Fresh cranberries are a must for this recipe, so make it in the fall and early winter when cranberries are in-season and plentiful.
How to Make Cranberry Salsa
To make this wonderful gluten-free appetizer, combine the following ingredients in your food processor:
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and sliced
- 4 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 handful of cilantro (about 1 cup, stems and leaves ok)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
Adding sugar, or an alternative sweetener, is not to be skipped. The sugar will help balance the extreme acidicness and tartness of the cranberries. However, you can alternatively use a no-sugar monk fruit sweetener or honey instead of granulated sugar.
Once you add all your ingredients to the food processor, pulse until they’re finely chopped, about 10-15 seconds or 20 pulses. Do not puree. You want it to look like and have the texture of salsa.
Now add the salsa to a bowl and refrigerate it for one hour to allow the flavors to come together.
Serve with your favorite gluten-free crackers or tortilla chips. I personally think salty and crunchy crackers work better than corn tortilla chips as the crackers complement the sweetness of the salsa and look more festive too. I personally recommend Crunchmaster Multi-seed Crackers.
Store any leftover cranberry salsa in a covered container in your fridge for 3-4 days.
Why I Love this Salsa
You won’t believe how delicious and totally addictive this cranberry salsa tastes. It’s a little sweet and a little tart.
The cranberry salsa recipe also has a spicy kick thanks to the jalapenos. I remove the seeds from the jalapenos before blending, but if you like it spicier, keep a few seeds intact.
Overall, this cranberry salsa will help you enjoy fresh cranberries beyond your standard cranberry sauce, so enjoy it when cranberries are available and in season.
You might enjoy these recipes too:
- Healthy Apple Cranberry Crisp Made with Monk Fruit
- Thanksgiving Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- Baked Brie with Walnuts, Pomegranates and Honey
- Classic Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Chewy Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies with Icing
Festive Cranberry Salsa
- Food processor
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries rinsed
- 2 jalapenos seeded and sliced
- 4 green onions roughly chopped
- 1 handful of cilantro about 1 cup, stems and leaves ok
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 limes juiced
- Combine all the ingredients in your food processor. Pulse until finely chopped, about 10-15 seconds or 20 pulses. Do not puree. You want it to look like and have the texture of salsa.
- Add the salsa to a bowl and refrigerate it for one hour to allow the flavors to come together.
- Serve with your favorite gluten-free crackers or tortilla chips.