There are many wonderful, tasty and gluten-free pasta sauces on grocery store shelves these days, but I think we can all agree that there is nothing quite like the taste of homemade pasta sauce.
If you have the time to make dinner each night, you’ll have time to make this homemade gluten-free marinara sauce recipe too, which, of course, is naturally gluten-free! Yes, it really cooks up fast!
Use canned tomatoes, fresh onion, fresh garlic and fresh basil for a delightful experience. A little red wine will really elevate the flavor as well.
This recipe can be enjoyed over my homemade gluten-free pasta recipe. My homemade gluten-free pasta recipe is one of my most popular posts of all time!
Easy Gluten-Free Marinara Sauce Recipe
Easy Gluten Free Marinara Sauce Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil or other high heat oil
- 1 onion, finely diced or pulsed in food processor
- 2-4 garlic cloves, finely diced or pulsed in food processor
- 2 Tbsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 56 ounces crushed or diced tomatoes 2 large cans
- 1/4 cup red wine of choice (optional)
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped (optional)
- Olive oil drizzle (optional)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Heat avocado oil over medium high heat in large pan or stockpot
- Add onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes
- Add garlic and sauté for another minute until fragrant
- Add Italian seasoning and tomatoes – stir ingredients together
- Put heat to low and cover
- Cook for 30 minutes or longer to allow flavors to develop
- Add red wine (optional) and allow mixture to simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Before serving, add fresh basil leaves and olive oil drizzle (optional)
Remember, you can fiddle with this gluten-free marinara sauce recipe to your liking. Add more or less salt, garlic, basil, etc. If the mixture tastes acidic to you, add a bit more sugar.
Learn how to make your own gluten-free pasta dough in this blog post!