Love beer but can’t have gluten? You’ll love this great big list of dedicated gluten-free breweries in the U.S. The list gets bigger and bigger every year, and I update it as soon as I learn of a new brewery.
Unfortunately, you’ll quickly learn that beer is made from fermented malted barley and other non-gluten-free grains. This means beer is off-limits when you can’t eat gluten. (Distilled alcohol made from gluten grains is okay to consume on a gluten-free diet, but fermented alcohol is not.)
25+ Dedicated Gluten-Free Beer Brands
If you miss beer, the good news is that there is a growing number of dedicated gluten-free breweries in the U.S., and they’re brewing craft beer from gluten-free grains such as rice, corn, millet, and buckwheat.
Below is a growing list of 25+ U.S.-based gluten-free breweries that you can try if you’re lucky to live near one (like me). If you don’t live near one, I think a road trip is in your future!
Remember, this list includes only dedicated gluten-free breweries; while there are breweries making gluten-free beer, these beers are made with gluten-free grains in dedicated gluten-free facilities.
Also, please note that gluten-removed beers are not safe for someone on a gluten-free diet to consume. Don’t be tempted. It’s just not worth it. Read more about why in this article.
- Buck Wild Brewing (Oakland)
- Divine Science Brewing (Orange County)
- Eckert Malting & Brewing (Chico)
- Otherwise Brewing (San Francisco)
Editor’s Note: Holidaily Beer has partnered with Celiac Cruise. This means Holidaily gluten-free beer is available on all Celiac Cruises worldwide!
- Brewery Nyx (Grand Rapids)
- Burning Brothers Brewing (St. Paul)
- Saro Cider (Lincoln, Omaha)
- Departed Souls (Jersey City)* – not dedicated but made in a separate brewing facility with gluten-free grains
- Necromantic Brewing Company (Farmingdale)
- Armored Cow Brewing (Charlotte)* – not dedicated but made in a separate brewing facility with gluten-free grains
- NEFF Brewing (New Era Fine Fermentations) (Tulsa)
- Rolling Mill Brewing Company (Middletown)
- Bierly Brewing (McMinnville)
- Evasion Brewing (McMinnville)
- Ground Breaker Brewing (Oregon)
- Moonshrimp Brewing (Portland)
- Mutantis Brewery (Portland)
- Aurochs Brewing Co. (Emsworth)
- Red Leaf Gluten-Free Brewing (Jeffersonville)
- Ghostfish Brewing Company (Seattle)
- Alt Brew (Madison)
Canadian Gluten-Free Breweries
- Grey Fox Brewing (Kelowna, BC)
Other Dedicated GF Breweries?
If you know of another dedicated gluten-free brewery that I missed, please send me a note or leave me a comment.
*A special thanks to Katy @gluten-free-beer-drinker for the tips!
Curious about which alcohol is safe to drink when you’re gluten-free? Check out my Guide to Gluten-Free Alcohol to great the full scoop.
Love pumpkin and beer? I’ve got you covered on Where to Find Gluten-Free Pumpkin Beer in the U.S.
Don’t forget to support any of these 300+ Gluten-Free Bakeries in the U.S.