Below I’m going to share with you a new recipe I created for gluten-free chicken lo mein noodles. But before I do… a little story.
A few weeks ago I wrote about how I finally bought a 10-piece set of All Clad Stainless Steel pots. I’m totally giddy about it – cooking with these healthy pots and pans brings a smile to my face and I have happily said goodbye to Teflon-coated pans forever!
The night I brought home the pots I decided to make a gluten-free chicken lo mein. This was a total experiment that I’m happy to report turned out to be so delicious – my husband is already asking me to make this again!
Before you continue reading, please note that this post contains affiliate links to products I use and recommend. All opinions are my own.
Not only did I get to use two pots and pans from my new All Clad Stainless Steel set to make this gluten-free chicken lo mein noodles recipe, but also I got to use my favorite gluten-free noodles, Rice Ramen from Lotus Foods. These are the best gluten-free ramen substitute noodles I have found. Love them!
So if you want to cook up some gluten-free chicken lo mein noodles for your family, give this quick and easy recipe a try!
You can use frozen peas and carrots to ease preparation. Don’t you just love when recipes are so easy to make and include ingredients you already have at home?
The gluten-free chicken lo mein noodles recipe tasted great the next day for lunch too. I’m so excited to officially add this new recipe to my weekday cooking rotation – and I know you will be too.
Gluten Free Chicken Lo Mein
- 3 squares Rice Ramen by Lotus Foods
- 1 lb boneless skinless organic chicken breasts, diced into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 bag frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- Cornstarch slurry (1 tablespoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoon water)
- Break up Rice Ramen squares into shorter pieces and cook al dente (about 1 minute in boiling water). Rinse immediately with cold water and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken broth, tamari, chili garlic, rice vinegar, ginger and garlic. Stir well and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat 1 Tablespoon oil over medium to medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes until no longer pink. Set chicken aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 Tablespoon oil until hot. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes over medium high heat.
- Add mushroom to onion mixture and cook for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add peas and carrots to pan and cook until warmed, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken back to pan. Your pan should have the chicken, carrots, peas, onions and mushrooms in it.
- Add cornstarch slurry (made by mixing cornstarch with water in separate bowl) to the chicken broth sauce. Stir well.
- Add sauce mixture to pan and simmer on low for 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Add noodles, stir well, and warm throughout for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add additional tamari sauce, if needed, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.