Tell me who on this earth doesn’t love rich, creamy, chocolately pudding?!? This stuff is so yummy that every time you eat it, you’re scraping the bowl hoping for one more taste of deliciousness. That said, since going gluten-free, label-reading has become one of my favorite past times. The leading instant pudding on the market is packed with ingredients I don’t know or understand. Artificial this and artificial that. This ingredient list makes me want to pass on pudding altogether.
But then I stumbled upon a wonderful recipe in my favorite gluten-free cookbook* called “Microwave Chocolate Pudding.” I looked over the ingredient list and realized I have EVERYTHING I need for this recipe in my pantry/fridge, so I was set! I must say, this pudding turned out wonderful. My only regret is that I didn’t double the recipe. When my family caught wind of what I was doing, I had to ration my mixture into four small cups so everyone could have some. While I love to share with my family, I’m not opposed to hoarding this pudding recipe to myself next time.
Gluten Free Microwave Chocolate Pudding
This is super easy, delicious, and you probably have everything in your pantry right now!Print Pin
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
- Using a microwave safe bowl (medium to large sized), combine cocoa and cornstarch.
- Slowly add milk, whisking the mixture as you go.
- Microwave mixture on high for 2 minutes. Stir. Microwave for another 3 minutes, stirring EVERY minute. (Mixture should have the texture of pudding; if not, microwave for another 1 minute at a time until it thickens).
- Stir in sugar, vanilla and cinnamon into the warm mixture.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then stir again.
- Add pudding to 4 small bowls.
- Top with sprinkles (optional) or whipped cream, or fruit - whatever you like!
- You can serve this warm or chilled.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 202mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 0.7mg