Get ready to try a juicy gluten-free turkey burger recipe!
Please note that this blog post contains affiliate links to products I use and recommend. All opinions are my own.
In this post, and in the next three blog posts, I will be incorporating zucchini in each recipe.
Zucchini, simply put, is a wonder vegetable – adding moisture and texture to many savory and sweet recipes. I feel like I’m always stocking up on zucchinis at the grocery store, eating them as a no-carb gluten-free spaghetti substitute, and using them as a moisture infuser in a slew of other dishes.
Today I’d like to share with you a recipe I found at WeightWatchers.com – it makes for one juicy gluten-free turkey burgers recipe. While ground beef burgers ooze juice, ground turkey is always so juicy. In fact, many turkey burgers are dried-out and, well, just ordinary.
But not this recipe for Juicy Turkey Burgers. It was different.
It turns out that the zucchini acts as a moisture-enhancer, making these burgers extra juicy, delicious, and low-calorie. Also, I didn’t have to make ANY changes to this recipe to make it gluten-free. It’s naturally gluten-free – yay!
Consider using your food processor to mince the onion and zucchini into tiny bits. (I used my Manual Food Processor from Pampered Chef. It’s small and I have never regretted purchasing this!) Also, if you haven’t already done so, I recommend that you invest in a grill pan like this one. The grill pan leaves beautiful grill marks on your turkey burger and captures fat drippings so your food doesn’t wallow in fat as it cooks. (If you grill these turkey burgers on your conventional grill, they might fall apart.)
As always, make sure all your ingredients are gluten-free before making this juicy gluten-free turkey burger recipe.
Juicy Gluten-Free Turkey Burgers
- 1-1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1 zucchini - shredded
- 1/4 cup onion - minced
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and blend together well.
- Shape mixture into 6-10 burger patties, depending on how much ground turkey you used.
- Place patties on a hot grill pan (or regular pan), cooking for about 7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the center.
- Top with your favorite burger toppings and serve.
- In lieu of a gluten-free bun, which adds empty calories, consider adding a lettuce wrap to your burgers, or simply eat them plain like I do. These suckers are oozing with flavor - you'll love them sans bun - trust me!
Here are two other delicious and easy ground turkey recipes to try: