It’s so fun to come across a new dinner recipe that my entire family enjoys. That’s why I’m so glad I came across this recipe for turkey mini meatloaves. The recipe, as it stood, wasn’t gluten-free, but with a few easy swaps and subs, I was able to convert it into a yummy gluten-free masterpiece (OK, I exaggerate when I say masterpiece, but it’s really delicious!)
Before I share the recipe, I want to first thank my friend Kimarie for passing it along. She told me it is a recipe that her entire family enjoys, so I feel honored that she shared it with me. I have to admit, at first I was skeptical to make this. I haven’t had much success with meatloaf, and it’s not really something I enjoy eating regularly. But I found this meatloaf recipe much more palatable and even delicious – the mini meatloaves cooked up really nice and it was almost like eating a savory meatball or even a baked hamburger!
Good gluten-free breadcrumbs can be hard to find. I recommend Ian’s brand gluten-free panko breadcrumbs. They really cook up nicely. (Ed. Note: You can get Ian’s GF products on Amazon with my affiliate link.)
Regardless, I cooked up this recipe, served it to my family one night alongside some brown rice and pineapple pepper salad, and they gobbled them up!
Houston, we have a winning [gluten-free] recipe indeed. I’ve already added this one to my meal planning binder.
Gluten-Free Mini Turkey Meat Loaves
- 1 1/2 lbs. organic ground turkey
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp. ketchup, divided
- 3 Tbsp. GF panko breadcrumbs (Ian's brand works well)
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. dried Italian seasoning blend
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. hot sauce (Tabasco)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat, saute onion for 5 minutes until translucent. Add minced garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add onion mixture to large mixing bowl and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- While onions are cooling, add 1 Tablespoon ketchup and hot sauce in a small dish, mix well, and set aside.
- Add turkey, egg, 2 Tablespoons of ketchup, GF breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper. Mix well by hand.
- Scoop turkey mixture into each of the 12 muffin cups.
- Brush the mini meatloaves with ketchup/hot sauce mixture.
- Place in oven for about 30-35 minutes until centers are cooked through.