Get your chocolate taste buds on high alert if you’re going to enjoy these gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate brownies. They taste incredible and satisfy even the most intense of chocolate cravings. This post was originally sponsored by Happy Egg Co. Please see my disclosures for information on how I work with brands.
If you’ve got some seriously intense chocolate cravings to contend with, you’re going to love this recipe for these gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate brownies.
These brownies offer intense chocolate flavor, a fudgy soft texture, and are even a little gooey (in a good way!)
Watch me make them here:
How to Make Brownies
If you’re ready to make the best brownies of your life, follow these simple step-by-step instructions. Be warned, these brownies have intense fudge flavor.
Step #1: Gather Your Ingredients
To make these delicious, chocolatey brownies, you’ll need:
- Melted dairy-free butter (I like to use Earth Balance vegan butter) It’s okay to use real butter if you’re not worried about dairy. Alternatively, you could use a neutral vegetable oil (like avocado oil) in lieu of melted butter.
- Granulated sugar
- Gluten-free flour blend (with xanthan gum) such as Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Flour
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Chocolate chips (there are several brands of dairy-free chocolate chips, including Enjoy Life and Lakanto)
Step #2: Create Brownie Batter
To create the brownie batter, you’ll first want to combine the melted butter or oil with the sugar and mix until well combined. Then you’ll add the eggs and mix again.
Next, gradually add all the dry ingredients until the mixture is well combined. You can do all of the mixing by hand. Just make sure no flour streaks are seen in the batter – mix well.
Step #3: Add Chocolate Chips
Now it’s time to fold in the [dairy-free] chocolate chips, which will make the richness of these brownies even more intense. Once you do this, the brownie batter is complete!
Step #4: Pour and Bake
Now pour the dreamy chocolatey brownie batter into a prepared 8×8-inch baking dish. Either grease the dish [really] well or line it with parchment paper so you can easily remove the brownies from the pan once cooked.
Bake the brownies in a 350º F oven for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are completely set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few crumbs. Let cool completely before removing from the pan.
Let them cool and slice it up into even squares. These will be the hit of the party – and no one has to know they’re gluten free and dairy free, do they?
Decorate for Halloween
I make these brownies all the time, and enjoy them regularly, but for Halloween, I like to make them look extra spooky and special.
To get the cobweb effect on your brownies, combine a little powdered sugar with a little water and mix well. Add the glaze mixture to a plastic piping bag and then snip off the corner of the bag with scissors.
Pipe the glaze in circles on the brownies. Start with a small circle then make larger circles around that. Repeat the circles 5-6 times.
Then, use a toothpick to drag the glaze from the smallest circle outwards to the largest circles to create the spooky spider webs. Repeat the process until the pan of brownies is covered with webs. Allow glaze to set before cutting brownies into squares.
Your delicious gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate brownies are now ready for eating. Enjoy the wonderful fudge flavors and get your chocolate fix satisfied in one fell swoop.
I hope you love and appreciate how light and flaky they are on the outside and how moist and fudgy they are on the inside. This is truly the perfect brownie treat!
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Chocolate Brownies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter dairy free, melted (ok to use real butter if not dairy free) 3/4 cup = 12 tbsp
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend I used Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Flour blend
- ¾ tsp xanthan gum only add if your blend doesn’t already contain xanthan or guar gum
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips dairy free, if needed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish or line with parchment paper (preferable). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter and granulated sugar. Mix by hand (using a whisk) until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, stirring in between. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add in the gluten-free flour blend, xanthan gum (if your blend doesn't contain It), cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix until just combined and no streaks of flour remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour brownie batter into the prepared 8×8-inch baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the edges are completely set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few crumbs. Let cool completely.
Halloween Decoration (optional)
- Combine powdered sugar and water in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Add the glaze to a pastry bag or a zip top bag. Snip off the corner of the bag with a scissor.
- To make the spider webs, pipe circles on the brownies. Then, using a toothpick, drag the glaze from the smallest circle outwards. Continue to do this to create the spider webs all over the brownies. Allowing icing to set before cutting.