It’s smoothie time and my vegan blueberry banana spinach smoothie hits all the right notes. This post is sponsored by Silk® but all opinions are my own. Please read my disclosures.
I’m a sucker for a good smoothie, and today want to share a delicious and beautiful new smoothie recipe with you.
This recipe requires just a few simple ingredients, a high-speed blender, and a straw. That’s it!
The end result is a bright purple smoothie that is rich in nutrients, delicious in taste, and beautiful in color. Life is good, my friends. Drink up!
How to Make a Blueberry Banana Spinach Smoothie
To make this soothing dairy-free blueberry banana spinach smoothie, add the following ingredients to your high-speed blender:
- Blueberries: Use either frozen blueberries or freeze one cup of fresh blueberries the night before making this recipe.
- Banana: You’ll need one banana, which I also recommend you freeze the night prior to making this.
- Spinach: You’ll need about one-half cup of fresh spinach leaves. This will boost the nutrient-density of the overall smoothie.
- Flaxseed: Add about 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed to your smoothie, which will add extra fiber and a healthy dose of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Silk Soymilk: You’ll need about 3/4 cup of Silk Soymilk to add that layer of richness to your morning smoothie. In addition to adding creaminess and texture to this smoothie, the Silk Soymilk will also add protein, calcium, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, phosphorus, and other important vitamins and minerals to your diet.
Once all the ingredients are inside your blend, go ahead and blend everything until smooth. To serve, divide the smoothie into two glasses. Drink up!
This smoothie is so pretty that I thought we should take a moment to admire it. What a fun way to kick-off what promises to be a great day, right?
Below are a few notes to make your smoothie-making adventures a little easier:
Add Ice: If you use fresh blueberries or a fresh banana, I recommend freezing them the night before making this smoothie. If you forget to do that (I always do!), simply add the fresh ingredients to your blender, along with a few ice cubes. The ice will help thicken the smoothie and keep it cold.
Don’t have Silk Soymilk? You can use any dairy-free milk alternative of choice, including Silk Almondmilk, Silk Cashewmilk, or Silk Coconutmilk. This is your smoothie. Have fun with it!
An Easy Flaxseed Swap: If you don’t like or have flaxseeds, you can substitute chia seeds instead. It’s a one-to-one swap.
Make Ahead Prep: If you love making a morning smoothie, but always feel like your mornings are rushed, you can prep this smoothie ahead of time. Simply add the blueberries, banana, and spinach leaves to a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze the produce until you need them. Then dump the fresh ingredients into the blender, add a scoop of flaxseed and 3/4 cup of soy milk, and blend away.
Too Thick? If your smoothie is too thick, add up to an additional ¼ cup of soymilk and continue blending until smooth.
More Smoothie Recipes
Try these delicious dairy-free smoothie and smoothie bowl recipes:
- Lean Green Peach Smoothie
- Tropical Mango-Coconutmilk Smoothie Recipe
- Dairy-Free Citrus Mint Smoothie Bowl
- Dairy-Free and Gluten-Free Fall Acai Bowls
Blueberry Banana Spinach Smoothie
- High speed blender
- 1 cup blueberries frozen
- 1 banana frozen
- ½ cup spinach leaves fresh
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup Silk™ Soymilk
- Place frozen blueberries, frozen banana, fresh spinach and flaxseed in a blender, add the Silk Soymilk and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into two glasses and serve immediately.
Leave a Comment