Carrot and Cauliflower Soup
It's time to drink your veggies! Enjoy sweet carrots with cauliflower for a healthy, delicious soup the entire family will enjoy! This soup freezes well, so enjoy half tonight, and freeze the rest for a future meal.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 16 servings
- 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil (or other high heat oil)
- 4-6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 lbs. carrots, tops removed and peeled or use baby carrots
- 2 lbs. cauliflower florets
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled (optional)
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 5 cups water
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
In a large stock pot, add avocado oil and saute onions until translucent, approximately 2-3 minutes.
Add carrots, cauliflower and ginger. Allow vegetables to saute for 5 minutes.
Add broth and water to stock pot and bring to a boil. Cook for about 40 minutes until vegetables are soft.
Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
Using a hand blender (food processor or blender), blend all the ingredients into a creamy soup.
Add olive oil drizzle and salt and pepper (to taste) and blend again to combine all the ingredients well.
Top with pumpkin seeds or enjoy as is!
Calories: 54kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 354mg | Potassium: 367mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 9630IU | Vitamin C: 31.6mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 0.4mg