Gluten-Free Maple White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Chill time30 mins
Servings: 18 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maple extract
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Cream together butter and brown sugar about 1-2 minutes until mixed well and creamy.
Add in the pure maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract and maple extract and mix until combined.
In a large bowl, combine gluten-free flour blend, salt, baking soda and ground cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, stirring in between each addition, then carefully fold in the white chocolate chips by hand.
Chill the dough for about 30 minutes in the fridge.
Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Portion out the dough into 2-3 tablespoons balls. You should be able to make about 18 balls of dough in total.
Place the cookie dough balls on a baking sheet, about 3-inches apart, as the dough will spread slightly.
Bake at 350º F for 8-10 minutes, until the edges of the cookies are set and light brown. Do not overbake.
Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before removing from the pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Maple extract is important in this cookie to ensure it tastes like a maple cookie! While the pure maple syrup does add some moisture and flavor, if you want a strong maple flavor, you’ll need the extract
- I like to use a cookie scoop to make sure that each cookie is the same size and bakes in the same amount of time. You can also use a measuring cup if you’d like or just spoon into 18 equal dough balls as best as you can.
- Always use pure maple syrup, not artificial pancake syrup (most pancake syrup is just high fructose corn syrup - yuk!)
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 252mg | Potassium: 62mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 174IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg