Gluten-Free Pumpkin Squares
I cannot recommend these gluten-free pumpkin squares enough. They are delicious, moist, cakey (they have great mouth feel) and the best part... they are slathered in sweet and rich cream cheese frosting. Nothing is better than this gluten-free pumpkin dessert to help you celebrate the flavors of fall, gluten-free style, of course!
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 24 servings
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 8 oz cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter softened at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350° F and lightly grease TWO 9"x13" baking pans.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
In a second bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin. Mix together well.
Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well. It's easiest if you use your standing or handheld mixer to blend the ingredients fully.
Pour batter (divided evenly) into two baking pans and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Do not overcook. Allow pumpkin cakes to cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
To make the cream cheese frosting, beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla and sugar together until smooth. Spread frosting evenly atop pumpkin squares before cutting and serving. Each pan makes about 12 squares (24 total squares).
- If you don't allow your cake to cool completely before adding the cream cheese frosting, the frosting will melt and it won't look very pretty. Please allow ample time for cooling. To speed up the cooling time, refrigerate the cakes for at least one hour.
- Remember, this recipe requires two 9" x 13" cake pans. It might feel like you're making a lot of pumpkin squares, but this delicious dessert goes fast! If you do not have two cake pans, you could use a large sheet pan with high sides instead of two cake pans.
- This recipe can be made dairy-free by using vegan butter and cream cheese or any dairy-free store bought frosting such as this one. If you don't want frosting, this cake tastes great simply coated in a shower of powdered sugar.
- Cover unused squares with plastic wrap and refrigerate. They taste good for several days after they're made (although they look the prettiest right after frosting them!).
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 180mg | Potassium: 105mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 3054IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg