A few weeks ago I shared with you my family’s love affair with True Story Food’s organic hot dogs and sausages. We really enjoyed eating them as a family – and my kids couldn’t believe I let them eat hot dogs for dinner!
Today I want to continue the True Story story. Sprouts Farmer’s Market carries True Story Foods products and sponsored this post. Sprouts provided with me with product samples and a gift card to shop for the items I needed to make this post come to life. All opinions and experiences are my own.
As March Madness continues on, so does the True Story Foods experience in our house. I am so excited to help put the spotlight on this brand because it brings organic and cruelty-free meats to market. If more companies and people cared about where their food came from, the world would be a better place indeed!
To keep the March Madness celebration alive and well at home, I decided to make a big (mad) salad to celebrate. Not only do we get to eat something yummy, but also we get to eat something that keeps us healthy and loves us back! After eating those hearty True Story Foods gluten-free hot dogs and sausages last week, it was time to make a less filling and more nutrient-dense meal this go round.
I call the recipe my March Madness Salad because it includes all sorts of mad-yet-delicious ingredients, including organic red apples, jicama, roasted beets, orange bell pepper, and pre-cooked organic oven roasted chicken breasts from True Story Foods.
By the way, I have a serious crush on True Story Foods. The company made dinner prep so easy for me! I just opened the packaged, tore the pre-cooked chicken breasts into chunks, and added them to my March Madness Salad. I’m pinching myself for being so clever!
As my family geared up to watch a little basketball, I served up my robust salad. I’m happy to report that the reviews were great! They loved the textures and colors of the salad – a little sweet, a little salty, a little crunchy, a little chewy. This salad is truly an explosion of deliciousness in your mouth. Of course everyone loved the True Story Foods organic chicken breasts. They added just the right amount of flavor and protein to my big salad – allowing me to serve this as a stand alone meal.
As you get ready to watch the final four and championship games, whip up this wonderful and healthy salad. You’ll keep the fans happy (even if their brackets are totally busted!) and they’ll feel good, no matter the outcome of the game(s)! Thanks to Sprouts and True Story Foods for sponsoring this post and awesome culinary experience!
- 2-3 stalks romaine lettuce
- 3 beets
- 1 red apple
- 1 small jicama
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 package True Story Foods Oven Roasted Chicken Breasts
- Olive oil - drizzle
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with foil and nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel beets and then chop into bite-sized chunks.
- Toss beets with a drizzle of little olive oil a salt and pepper and spread in even layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes until soft - checking and tossing every 15 minutes to check for doneness.
- Once beets are ready, take out of the oven and allow them to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- While beets are cooling, chop lettuce and add to large salad bowl.
- Chop apple, pepper, and jicama into bite-sized chunks and spread across top of lettuce.
- Tear True Story Foods Oven Roasted Chicken into bite-sized chunks and spread across lettuce.
- Add cooled beets to salad.
- Top with your favorite dressing and enjoy!