One of my happier moments came when I found gluten-free Bisquick staring me down at the grocery store. I promptly put the box of gluten-free goodness in my cart, ready and excited to see if my now gluten-free scones would taste just as great as they used to. (You can also get gluten-free Bisquick on Amazon – affiliate link)
I love the flakey texture of traditional scones, and now thanks to Bisquick, I can make them gluten-free in minutes and I don’t even notice a difference in taste. Success!
Here’s what I did to make these gluten-free scones:
(1) I mixed all the dry ingredients in one bowl:
(2) I added the wet ingredients and stirred everything together nicely.
(3) I shaped the gluten-free dough into small cookie shapes.
(4) I took them out of the oven and enjoyed eating every bite of these delicious chocolate chip gluten-free scones!
- 1 1/3 cups Gluten Free Bisquick (or other gluten free biscuit mix)
- 2/3 cup gluten free oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp. butter (melted)
- 2/3 up milk
- 1 cup gluten free chocolate chips (or however many you like!)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Mix all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a large bowl. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
Lightly grease a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
Create heaping spoonfuls of mixture on tray (about 8).
Bake for 10 minutes.
Enjoy these gluten-free scones for dessert or for breakfast.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links