I was invited by the Honeyville blog to contribute a blog post – what an honor! In order to do so, they provided me with a free bag of almond flour. Also note that this post contains affiliate links to where you can buy this flour yourself.
Ah, what to do with this delicious almond flour? I decided to create a new recipe concoction that I came up with called Gluten Free Almond Crusted Tilapia Nuggets Recipe. I basically took my chicken nugget recipe and used fresh tilapia filets instead.
You can see the full recipe on the Honeyville blog – click here or below.
By the way, if you want to cook with a protein-rich and delicious flour, try Honeyville Almond Flour*. It is so delicious and loaded with fiber, protein and other nutrients your gluten-free body craves. Please use this link to purchase your Gluten Free Almond Flour from Honeyville!
Added protein and crunch to a favorite menu item
- 3-4 tilapia fillets (or any white fish) cut into strips or nuggets - fresh
- 1 1/2 cups Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 large egg or 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder or onion flakes (I used flakes)
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2-4 Tbsp. olive oil or butter
1. In one bowl, scramble egg with 1 tablespoon of water to create an egg wash.
2. In a second bowl, combine flour with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. (Remember, use more or less of any recommended seasonings, or use other seasonings instead to give it the flavor you desire.)
3. Heat a large pan over medium high heat with 2 tablespoons of oil or butter
4. While the pan is heating, dip each tilapia nugget in egg wash, then roll in flour mixture until well coated.
5. Place flour-coated nugget, one at a time, in pan. Do not crowd (work in batches)
6. Cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
7. Remove nuggets from heat and place on a paper towel.
8. Serve over a bed of green beans or rice or whatever your heart desires!
Optional: Squeeze lemon juice over fish for extra tangy flavor; serve with dipping sauce of choice (marinara, ketchup, lemon butter mix, get creative!)
*Denotes affiliate link