I’ve always been intrigued by Door to Door Organics. I see the cute van of sunshine driving around town making deliveries. I’ve always wondered what’s inside those little boxes the delivery men and women place on my neighbor’s doorsteps.
So instead of continuing to wonder, I decided to give Door to Door Organics – Colorado a try.
To do so, I contacted the company and they offered to send me some free boxes in exchange for an honest review on Good For You Gluten Free. I was definitely up for the challenge – and excited at the opportunity to try something that I really believe in. Fresh, organic produce delivered to my doorstep? Such an amazing concept and fantastic way to encourage people to eat healthy and organic! As a holistic nutrition & health coach, if I can get my clients to eat more veggies – and on top of that – eat organic veggies, it’s a total win in my book!
Before I share why I love Door to Door Organics so much, I want to first tell you about my giveaway. Door to Door Organics (Colorado only) is giving one of my readers a $50 gift card to try it for themselves. You have nothing to lose so definitely enter to win!! (Important Note: Winner must be in the delivery area within Colorado – check your delivery area here.)
Now, without delay, I want to share why I think you should give Door to Door Organics a try – there are so many reasons and I will try to communicate them clearly below:
(1) Convenient: Door to Door Organics is convenient for many reasons. First, if you want to grocery shop only once per week like me, you can use Door to Door Organics as a great way to fill in with fresh vegetables and fruits mid-week when your stash is low. Second, if you want to skip the grocery store altogether, you can shop in the Door to Door Organics online grocery store. Just add all sorts of organic meats, fish, dairy products and packaged foods and Door to Door Organics will bring it to you in one fell swoop. I noticed a ton of gluten-free products in the Door to Door Organics shop too!
(2) Budget Friendly: While it seems like you’re spending extra cash each week to pay for the Door to Door Organics subscription service, the truth is that most of us who eat lots of fruits and vegetables need to make a couple of grocery runs each week to restock the fresh stuff. Instead of going to the grocery store twice per week – where I will spend a lot more money than I should – I love that Door to Door Organics brings me exactly what I need without the cost of making a full mid-week grocery run. I would spend WAY more than $20 at the grocery store during my mid-week visit! I get the “Bitty Mixed” box and it costs me $19.99 + delivery. It offers the perfect amount of fresh produce I need to keep my family of four well fed all week long. In a sense, Door to Door Organics keeps me out of the grocery stores and empowers me to buy only what I need- therefore saving me money when all is said and done!
(3) Get All You Need: As I mentioned prior, if you want to avoid the grocery store altogether, Door to Door Organics is definitely the service for you! You can get a larger box – say the Large Mixed Box – for $49.99 plus postage each week. You’ll have a ton of fresh fruits and veggies for the week – and you can supplement your produce box with all sorts of exciting, organic and healthy foods found in the Door to Door Organics online grocery store.
(4) Customization Available: While Door to Door Organics will recommend produce most in season and locally available – and will strive to give you variety along with the things you love most – it will also allow you to substitute. Need avocados but not celery this week? No problem, just sub items within you order and get what you want, need and enjoy most!
(5) Eat Organic All the Time: As a holistic nutrition and health coach, I know that eating right can change people’s lives. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either working for big food or big pharma, or they’re completely ignorant to the enormous benefits of good nutrition. I tell clients that eating organic is a must – it’s a way to rid of toxins that consume our bodies. The main pushback I get is that many people say they can’t afford organics. If they say this, I suggest that they focus their organic dollars most on buying anything on the Dirty Dozen list, as well as take a hard look at what they spend on doctor’s visits, medications, and sick time off – the costs of NOT eating healthy are too great (and too grave) if you ask me. I write more about how to eat healthy on a budget in this post. I believe Door to Door Organics is a convenient and fun way to eat well and feed you body fresh ingredients with limited toxic chemical exposure.
(6) Variety: I have enjoyed a wonderful variety of delicious, organic and fresh vegetables and fruits. I’ve received fresh kale and romaine lettuce, red beets, leeks, pears, apples, avocados, oranges, zucchinis, cucumbers, mangoes, lettuce, celery, tomatoes and so much more. I hadn’t roasted beets in a long time, but when they showed up in my order, I was excited to roast and eat them again. I guess you could say that Door to Door Organics forced me to experiment with new ingredients again and got me out of my rut of buying the same old produce week after week. See my Roasted Beet and Leeks Salad recipe below!
(7) Support Local: I love that Door to Door Organics partners with hundreds of local farmers and artisans – it’s so important that we eat locally as much as possible for the sake of our health and our planet. I noticed, however, that some of the fruits in my Bitty Box were from other countries… I realize it can be quite difficult to get organic produce locally here in Colorado, especially in the winter. More local produce is something I’d love Door to Door Organics to continue to work on as I wasn’t that excited about the internationally imported produce in one of my boxes.
(8) It’s So Fun: Who doesn’t love getting a box of goodies delivered to their doorstep each month?!? Call me odd, but I loved the surprise of opening my Door to Door Organics box, and I can’t wait to see what is inside each week. Shopping for fresh produce has NEVER been so fun – seriously! Oh, and it’s true, this is simply #JoyDelivered in a box!
(9) The Fun is Yet to Come: I’m most excited about my future with Door to Door Organics. Spring just arrived and summer is around the corner – that means the best organic fruits and vegetables are about to appear any day now. I’m ready and even a little bit giddy for those beautiful organic treats to arrive on my doorstep!
As a bonus, I want to share my new recipe for a Roasted Beet & Leek Salad. I topped the salad over my delicious, gluten-free pan-fried chicken recipe.