Every so often you come across a gluten free product that you simply fall in love with. It’s fitting, then, that “love” is in the Cucina & Amore brand name because I’ve got nothing but love for this company’s delicious and convenient Quinoa Meals.
Cucina & Amore makes tasty Quinoa Meals for on-the-go eating and snacking. Each Quinoa Meal comes with a cup of perfectly cooked quinoa, a spoon, and a delicious, flavorful sauce topper. When you’re ready to eat your Quinoa Meal, pour the sauce on top of the quinoa, give it a little stir, and enjoy! No cooking, microwaving or anything else required.
In exchange for a review on the blog, Cucina & Amore sent me a bunch of samples to try and photograph. I received no additional compensation. I’ve also included affiliate links in this post so you can easily buy them yourself!
Cucina & Amore’s Quinoa Meals are so perfect in every way – let me explain:
(1) Ready to Go Convenience: Each Quinoa Meal comes fully cooked and ready to eat. This means you can stuff one in your purse or lunchbox and have a complete meal ready to go on a whim. My son loves the Artichoke and Roasted Pepper meal. I send him a Quinoa Meal for lunch at least once a week. He’s got the healthiest lunchbox on the block!
(2) Completely Gluten Free: Of course in order for me to enjoy (and recommend) something, it must be gluten free. Cucina & Amore’s Quinoa Meals are naturally gluten free. If you’re living with Celiac disease (like me) or follow a strict gluten free diet, you know that few healthy convenience food options are available. That’s what makes these Quinoa Meals so brilliant!
(3) Tasty: Just because these Quinoa Meals are gluten free doesn’t mean they taste bad – that is a huge myth spread by gluten eaters that you have to sacrifice taste in order to be gluten free. The truth is that every bite of these Quinoa Meals is awesomely savory and exploding with flavor. I tried the Basil Pesto flavor the first time this week and couldn’t believe all the flavor in this tiny package. Also, if you’re skeptical about the taste of quinoa, give these meals a try. The quinoa takes on the flavor of the savory sauces included in each perfectly packaged meal.
(4) Good For You: Cucina & Amore was founded by Ruth Wilkinson who wanted to create a simple and healthy meal – one that could ease meal preparation for busy moms like herself. Ruth is a mother of three, breast cancer survivor, and someone who is passionate about providing food free from preservatives and growth hormones. You can feel good about eating a Quinoa Meal over the standard American lunch of sandwiches filled with processed lunch meat and Wonder bread.
(5) Ingredients: Ingredients matter, especially when it comes to feeding our kids who are already dealing with an unprecedented amount of allergies and diseases at such a young age. Cucina & Amore uses fresh ingredients that are free from GMOs, gluten and preservatives. In the Mango & Jalapeno Quinoa Meal, ingredients include quinoa, piquillo pepper, mango, sugar, jalapeno, sunflower oil, salt, cane vinegar, onion, lemon juice, potato starch, lactic acid, parsley, citric acid, garlic and ascorbic acid. No ingredients are out of the ordinary, unrecognizable or unknown. Feels good, right?
(6) Protein-Packed Meal: Let’s face it, Americans eat WAY too much meat! We put meat in our breakfasts, lunches and dinners when meat should truly be reserved for special occasions. Eating meat is not a sustainable proposition and animal cruelty is real. When we demand more meat, factory farming is at its worst! Unfortunately we’ve been brainwashed as a society to think meat is the best and only source of protein. It’s time to teach our families that meat does not make a complete meal and there are plenty of sources of protein, vitamins and minerals in plant-based foods (did you know quinoa is a fruit, not a grain?). Quinoa is one of those superfoods as it contains all nine essential amino acids that make it a complete protein, and the quality of the protein is better than meat. Quinoa also is high in fiber, iron, Vitamins B and E, magnesium and calcium. Simply swap lunch meat for a Quinoa Meal. Not only will you be doing good for the planet, but you’ll be doing good for your body. You may even notice a change in your body, weight, and energy by eating less meat and getting your protein from plant-based sources. (Clarification: I eat meat… I just think we all need to eat less of it!)
I’m excited to share Cucina & Amore’s Quinoa Meals with you because the company offers a completely satisfying plant-based meal full of good for you, fresh ingredients, all in convenient and innovative on-the-go packaging. You can buy a 6-pack of Cucina & Amore Quinoa Meals on Amazon and save, or look for them in your local grocery store.
Disclosures: Cucina & Amore provided me with Quinoa Meal samples in exchange for a sponsored post (I approached them because I love their products so much!); however all opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.