Halloween is one of those holidays I dread because it’s a holiday full of candy, sugar and artificial ingredients – yuk! While I’m the only one in my family that has to be careful about eating Halloween candy due to my gluten “allergy” (read my official Gluten-Free Halloween Candy Guide), I still want to encourage my kids to eat right and make good choices.
If your family is gluten free or has food allergies, or if you’re just looking for some better quality Halloween candy alternatives (such as organic Halloween candy), consider handing out the following candies instead. You’ll be setting a good example for your neighborhood as well as helping kids eat more healthily during this junk-laden holiday:
- Sun Cups – egg, soy, peanut, tree nut, and gluten free
- Enjoy Life chocolate bars – all Enjoy Life products are free from the top 8 allergens
- Annie’s Organic Fruit Snacks – gluten free, corn syrup free, no artificial colors or flavors, vegan
- YumEarth Organics Pops – certified organic, made with real fruit extracts, and no gluten, tree-nuts, peanuts, GMO’s, dairy, soy, or artificial colors/dyes.
- Pirates Booty – buy individual snack packs, contains milk
- Yo Drops by Plum Organics – contains milk
- Justin’s Organic Peanut Butter Cups – contains peanuts, milk, soy and tree nuts
- Mamma Chia Squeezes
- GoGo squeeZ applesauce
- That’s It fruit bars – just contains fruit, that’s it!
If you need to limit your kids’ candy consumption, whether for health or allergy reasons (or you’re just being a good parent helping your kids make better choices), consider calling upon the Switch Witch, where you switch your kids candy loot for a gift. I saw the founders of the company on Shark Tank and while they didn’t get a deal, they did come up with a brilliant way to get your kids to enjoy Halloween without consuming all the calories, sugar and artificial ingredients.
Gluten free this Halloween? Read our official gluten-free Halloween Candy Guide.