I’ve compiled this list of safe gluten-free Halloween candy. Remember to ALWAYS check labels and when in doubt, contact the manufacturer or just don’t eat it (it’s not good for you anyway!).
Please be reminded that candy labels change from year to year – so always use extreme caution before eating any Halloween candy.
2017 UPDATE: Nima Sensor has tested 23 of the most popular Halloween candies and unfortunately FOUND GLUTEN in several of them. You can download the guide on the Nima Sensor website or click the link below for immediate access. Nima Approved candies are highlighted below in BOLDFACE.
The following Halloween candies are generally considered gluten-free:
- Almond Joy (except for Almond Joy Pieces candy) – Nima Approved
- Almond Joy (except Joy Pieces Candy)
- Baby Ruth
- Brach’s Candy Corn – Nima Approved
- Butterfinger Bar (the original flavor is GF, but the giant bar, Crisp, Stixx, Snakerz, Medallions, Jingles, Hearts and Pumpkins are NOT GF) – Nima Approved
- Enjoy Life candies
- Haribo gummy candies including Alphabet Letters, Gold-Bears (except juicy variety is NOT GF), Happy Cola, Twin Cherries, Peaches, Raspberries, Frogs and Rattlesnacks – all GF
- Heath Bars
- Hershey’s Kisses Milk Chocolate and Dark Chocolate (not Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate)
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar (1.55 oz only)
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate with Almonds Bar (1.45 oz only)
- Hershey’s Nuggets Candies
- Hot Tamales
- Jelly Belly candies
- Jolly Ranchers
- Junior Mints
- Laffy Taffy (Laffy Taffy Ropes and Fruitarts Chews are all GF) – Nima Approved
- M&Ms (regular and peanut) – Nima Approved
- Mike and Ikes – check labels, but most are GF including Berry, Assorted, Tropical, Zours
- Milk Duds
- Mounds Bars
- Nips (regular and sugar-free are both GF)
- Oh Henry!
- PEEPS candies – check labels
- Raisinets (cherry, cranberry, and dark chocolate flavors are also GF)
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (GF except seasonal shaped items are not GF)
- REESE’s Pieces Candy (GF except REESE’s Pieces Eggs, REESE’S Peanut Butter Cup Unwrapped Minis & Seasonal Shaped Items are not GF) –Nima Approved
- ROLO Caramels in Milk Chocolate Candies (GF except ROLO Minis are not GF) – Nima Approved
- SKOR Toffee Bars
- Skittles – Nima Approved
- Smarties – Nima Approved
- Snickers – Nima Approved
- Sweet Tarts – Nima Approved
- Three Musketeers – Nima Approved
- Tootsie Rolls
- Welch’s Fruit Snacks – all varieties
- Wonka Lik-M-Aid Fun Dip
- Wonka Pixy Sticks
- York Peppermint Pattie (GF except York Pieces Candy, York Minis, and York Shapes (5 oz) are not GF)
Important Gluten-Free Halloween Candy Reminder:
Remember to always be extra cautious before eating Halloween candy. Much of it is manufactured in alternative factories to meet high demand. This means you must double check if the mini-sized treats or specially packaged Halloween items are gluten-free before consuming! Don’t rely on prior knowledge as things can change for holiday manufacturing runs.
Even better, purchase organic, better for you gluten-free Halloween candy that is certified gluten-free (read my post about healthy and gluten-free Halloween candy alternatives) or donate your Halloween candy to our troops — who needs all that yucky sugar anyway!?!