Today I want to share with you five almond flour recipes that I think you’ll enjoy making for dessert. But before I do that, I want to disclose that this post contains affiliate links to the products I talk about, use and love. I get a lot of products sent to me, so you can rest assured that I only talk about products I truly use and enjoy.
OK, so let’s get started by talking a bit about almond flour.
I absolutely love baking with almond flour. Almond flour is made by removing the outer skins of the almond and then grinding it into a flour texture. Almond flour can be beneficial to someone looking to reduce their carb and sugar loads:
- Almond flour is naturally gluten-free and paleo – perfect for celiacs and others avoiding gluten
- Almond flour is packed with protein – each serving contains five grams of protein
- Almond flour contains Vitamin E – an antioxidant that can help our bodies combat oxidative stress
- Almond flour has nearly the same amount of calcium as a glass of milk
- Almond flour isn’t made from overly processed white refined grains – making it a great alternative to flour in baked goods
- Almond flour is low-carb and has a low glycemic index rating, which means it doesn’t spike your blood sugar when you eat it (more info on glycemic index) and is often used by diabetics in lieu of white and whole grain flours
Oh, and I love almond flour because it bakes up really moist. The texture of almond flour is so good in baked goods!
If you are going to use almond flour in your baked good recipes, I HIGHLY recommend using Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour. It bakes up really well. (I do not recommend Bob’s Red Mill almond flour, which is found at many grocery stores, because it has a grainy texture.) You really can’t go wrong with Honeyville!
Now I want to share with you my top five favorite almond flour recipes – perhaps this will inspire you to make your own almond flour treats.
Please note I made each recipe with Honeyville almond flour and they have not been tested with other almond flour brands.
Top Almond Flour Recipes:
Almond Flour Lemon Crinkle Cookies: These cookies are adorable and bake up so moist and chewy. I love the hint of lemon – oh man, I may have to go whip up a batch of these soon!
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies: I love this simple almond flour chocolate chip cookie recipe. It’s really easy to make and requires very little fuss. Oh, and they taste pretty darn awesome too – so soft and chewy. Yum!
Almond Flour Linzer Torte Cookies: There is very little sugar in these linzer tortes made from protein-rich almond flour. I add chia seeds to my jam mixture for extra healthy fats.
Almond Flour Cookies with Flax: These yummy cookies are soft-baked and gooey. The aren’t too sweet either. You. Have. Got. To. Try. These almond flour cookies!
Almond Flour Lemon Cake: This yellow cake bursts with lemon flavor. I love making it in the summer because it feels sunny and happy!
For more almond flour recipes, I highly recommend The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook by Elana Amsterdam. It was one of the first gluten-free cookbooks I ever bought and continues to be the one I flip through for almond flour recipes and inspiration.
So there you have it!
Five awesome gluten-free almond flour recipes to bake up when you’re in the mood for something sweet but don’t want a huge load of white grains and starches. Which almond flour recipe will you make first? Please leave a comment to sound off.